This is another recipe that I really liked, it is rich and sweet and it is even delicious out of a flask too!
Serves 6 people and takes 15 mins to make and 40 mins to cook:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 700g)
- 2 medium Carrots
- 15g unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and finally chopped
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp ground Cumin
- 2 litres Vegetable stock (2 Cubes dissolved)
To serve a little grated Gruyere Cheese or chopped fresh Coriander
- Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots and cut into small, even sized chunks. Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and cook the onion gently until soft. This will take about 10 mins
- Add the Coriander, cumin, sweet potato and carrots and cook for a few more minutes, stirring to coat the vegetables in the spices.
- Add the stock ( 1 litre) bring the boil, cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Pour into a blender and puree until smooth. return to the pan, add the remaining stock and heat through.
If you want, you can sprinkle a little grated Gruyere or chopped coriander over the top.